Financial & Legal Issues Group
In 2017, the UMRA Board of Directors approved the creation of a Financial & Legal Issues Group (FLG). UMRA had sponsored various workshops on financial and legal issues in recent years. FLG is designed to permit greater depth and continuity of discussion to facilitate problem solving and resource identification of retiree's financial and legal issues.
UMRA member's interested in attending and/or contributing experiences or resources are welcome to contact Andy Whitman, FLG facilitator, at email@example.com or 612-747-6015.
Programs will be held at John A. Knutson & Co., PLLP
1755 Prior Avenue N
Falcon Heights, MN 55113
off Larpenteur just north of the St. Paul Campus.
For directions, contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org 651-379-5732.
Estate Planning for Retirees:
Oct. 14, - 2:00pm-3:30pm.
Mullen & Guttman PLLC. Estate Planning Law Firm
- The Wills vs. trusts. Which planning tool is right for you?
- Why most estate plans fail to protect inheritances from divorce and other claims.
- How Minnesota’s estate tax could drastically impact your legacy. (And address the Gift tax)
- How to minimize costs associated with incapacity and/or passing of a loved one. (How to ease challenges of care & costs associated with incapacity and dying)
- How you can help ensure that your legacy stays “in the family”.
- Why putting property in your children’s names could be a huge mistake!
Tax Planning for 2019 and beyond:
Nov. 21, 2:00pm to 3:30pm
John A. Knutson & Co., PLLP
- Federal and Minnesota deductions and income
- Where are we? Where may we likely be?
- Do you need to adjust your estimates?
- Should you still bunch deductions?
- Mandatory IRA & Retirement Account distribution strategies