Financial & Legal Issues Group
In 2017, the UMRA Board of Directors approved the creation of a Financial & Legal Issues Group (FLG). UMRA had sponsored various workshops on financial and legal issues in recent years. FLG is designed to permit greater depth and continuity of discussion to facilitate problem solving and resource identification of retiree's financial and legal issues.
UMRA members interested in attending and/or contributing experiences or resources are welcome to contact Andy Whitman, FLG facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-747-6015.
The following programs will be held online in 2020. Presentation dates will be announced here.
Estate Planning for Retirees:
Mullen & Guttman PLLC. Estate Planning Law Firm
- The Wills vs. trusts. Which planning tool is right for you?
- Importance of beneficiary designations, (Federal Code changes affect beneficiary designations, and new beneficiary designations are required on accounts transferred to Fidelity)
- Why most estate plans fail to protect inheritances from divorce and other claims.
- How to minimize costs associated with incapacity and/or passing of a loved one. (How to ease challenges of care & costs associated with incapacity and dying)
- Why putting property in your children’s names could be a huge mistake!
Tax Planning for 2020 and beyond:
John A. Knutson & Co., PLLP
For program information: email@example.com or 651-379-5732
- Many federal & MN code changes
- Where are we? Where may we likely be?
- Do you need to adjust your tax estimates?
- IRA & Retirement Account distribution strategies for Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) and Required Minimum Distributions (RMD)